Pre-launch bookings are underway and the sedan is already on display at Volkswagen dealerships
- Volkswagen to offer the Virtus in four broad trims: Comfortline, Highline, Topline and GT.
- The GT will be offered only with the 1.5-litre TSI engine.
- Automatic transmission will be available from the Topline variant.
- Prices likely to start from Rs 11.5 lakh.
Volkswagen India is all set to launch the Virtus compact sedan on June 09. Pre-launch bookings are underway and the sedan is already on display at the marque’s dealerships. We have now gotten hold of the sedan’s variant line-up and it is evident that the car will be available in four grades: Comfortline, Highline, Topline and GT. As is known already, the sedan will be offered with two turbo-petrol engines.
Read More:-Tata Motors delivers 51 electric cars in Nagpur including Nexon EV MAX
Here’s a quick look at the variant-wise powertrain options:
|1-litre TSI||1.5-litre TSI|
|Highline||MT / AT||NA|
|Topline||MT / AT||NA|
- The 1-litre TSI engine will be limited to the Dynamic Line, that is the first three variants.
- The 1.5-litre TSI engine, on the other hand, will be limited to the top-spec GT trim.
- VW won’t offer the manual gearbox with the 1.5-litre TSI engine.
The Virtus will be the second Volkswagen car to be based on the MQB-A0-IN platform. The sedan gets the choice of a 115PS 1-litre and 150PS 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1-litre is offered with 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions, while the 1.5-litre unit will get a dual clutch automatic transmission only.
Read More:-Tata Motors offering discounts of up to Rs 45,000: Check benefits on Harrier, Safari, Nexon here
To know more about the Virtus, read our in-depth first drive review. Prices of the car are expected to start from Rs 11.5 lakh (ex-showroom), putting it in contention with the Honda City, Skoda Slavia, Hyundai Verna, and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.